Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Dude. Rocks!

I want to showcase - illustrate - that life as a Christian is amazing. More importantly, I want to be an example of how a Christian man can live a life that glorifies God and is cool, awesome and manly.

I am no sissy! I don't back down and will fight to the bone if I have to. I have that nature and aggression, and it seems that being a Christian man means having to forgo those urges to be a man. To stand up and fight, to be angry, to be a little rough around the edges. Well, a Christian man doesn't have to be a pansy to be an example of Christ, it's quite the opposite.

Jesus was a manly guy, he hung around with a rough crowd of low life's, thugs, sinners. He was bold and spoke with authority and stood his ground when confronted. He did so with a Godly sort of aggression. This is the masculine spirit of God that a Christian man can be. I was turned on to the real identity of a Christian man from the book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge. I won't give a book report here, but it is worth reading.

All in all, I used to enjoy rocking out to some rough music, metal, rap, vulgar and aggressive - I loved it! What about now? I want to live as an image of Jesus, and not fill my mind with junk. Well, I can still rock out and I suppose aggressively praise my God. Listening to music is great, but just imagine the long term effects of "enjoying" music that encourages sin. I still enjoy country and a little rock, but praise and worship have gained a strong foundation on my playlist.

Now, I want to shout praise to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment