Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grief - More than what I thought.

Grief is a powerful word, but one that I feel is mostly misinterpreted or not truly understood.


grief (grēf)
n.
1.a. Deep mental anguish, as that arising from bereavement, or an instance of this.


The grief that we (I) face is the result of self-centered behavior and thinking. My mind is the culprit and cause of my own grief by a direct connection to self-centered thoughts. I never knew that the way I thought, or accepted negative thoughts about others and myself was causing such distress in my life - actual grief. Mind you that this is, and will always be, a work in progress.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Proving what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God, shows me that God wants my mind renewed, and it is His will for me to be free from grief! What a truth! I am so happy to know this, and hope that this can help make a difference in your life. Being a Husband, Dad, Dude & Christian means living beyond myself, and living for God and my family. To do this job, do it well and enjoy it takes the focus off of the self, and places the focus on that higher authority. God's perfect will for me is to be happy and to serve Him and my family. I must be transformed by the renewing of my mind in order to accomplish this. I am not perfect, but my Lord, my God, my Savior is, and in me He made a new creation!

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment